March 6, 2014

Pleats a Plenty

I have become completely obsessed with the spring trend of pleated skirts.  It all started with my 805 Living spread that I worked on in February.  I put the model in an Alice + Olivia hot pink chiffon pleated maxi skirt, and though that skirt is totally inappropriate for my life, I loved it!














Then, I saw these on Pinterest furthering my obsession even more....
























Cut to a few weeks later and I've now seen them in every store in town, on WhoWhatWear, and featured in Spring Trends articles.  Funny that I would decide that this is something I have to have when, a) I don't even wear skirts that much, and  b) they seem a little dressy for the life I lead (even when I am working/styling I don't usually get that dressed up!)  Anyway, I have been doing a lot of online shopping lately trying to find the "perfect" one (would prefer gray or beige to a bright, has to be chiffon, not wool, and midi, not maxi).  Here's what I've found so far...

This beauty from ASOS



The Alice + Olivia skirt that started it all, but in blue (pink is sold out)

And this one which is sold out!



I will continue to shop because I've now convinced myself that I will use it!  I love the idea of making it more casual with just a t or sweatshirt.....

Sheila
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...