April 28, 2015

Espadrille Affair

Every spring there is a "must have" shoe for the season. And what is the "It" shoe for Spring 2015? Espadrilles! They are everywhere! And though I always see a few every time Spring rolls around, I have never seen the abundance that I have this year. They are everywhere from J. Crew, to Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, even Target and Old Navy have some (and at great prices). 

The actual definition of an espadrille is described by Wikipedia as:

Espadrilles or alpargatas are normally casual, flat, but sometimes high-heeled shoes originating in the Pyrenees. They usually have a canvas or cotton fabric upper and a flexible sole made of jute rope. The jute rope sole is the defining characteristic of an espadrille; the uppers vary widely in style.

So, there you have it, the rope is the key. Personally, I usually gravitate to the more traditional style, either a neutral color or blue and white sailor stripes (for that joie de vivre!) But this year, the colors are so cute. I've included a red and a yellow, but I saw bold stripes and patterns as well. Some are flat, some are pointed, some are high, some are even suede, but all of them have the rope. And all are adorable! 


 David Tate Europa



 RSVP Jelena







 Old Navy



















This last one is truly the classic style. The ankle tie, the flat sole, and the stripes make for the perfect summer sandal (preferably worn on the Cote d'Azur). 

Sheila
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...