April 26, 2015

Thoughtful Sunday - Kindness

When I was walking today I heard an old Jewel song on my iPod that I have always loved. The song is "Hands" and it talks about a lot of things. Faith, hope, despair, heartache, worry, kindness. "In the end, only kindness matters" is the line that brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat every time I hear it, even though I've heard it probably a hundred times. I like to think that I am kind, but like everyone, I know I am weak and I fail at it more than I'd like to admit. But I strive for it. It is my mantra. Every moral that I teach my children, "Do unto others", "put yourself in someone else's shoes".... all of them go back to the basic value of kindness. I hope that I am teaching my children that. I hope that I am getting better at it. I know what a difference someone else's kindness has made to me, and I want to do that for others as well. We can all use a little kindness now and then, so if we all make an effort to spread that around, it will come back to us as well.






Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sheila
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...