April 19, 2015

Thoughtful Sunday - Moments vs. Things


I have been thinking a lot lately about life and how grateful I am for all that I have. I am making a concerted effort to be thankful and appreciate all that life has to offer. My son took a class called Human Happiness and one of the (many) inspiring, surprising, and interesting things he learned is that people who spend their money on experiences, rather than things, are happier. Of course, because I love decorating and fashion, there is an inherent struggle there for me. However, I do try to balance what I spend with remembering to also experience. And I try not to buy "throw away" fashion or to re-do things in my house too often. I am one who keeps things for a long while and would rather invest in something that will really last rather than something that will be landfill in a couple of years. That is not to say that I don't buy anything (because, of course, I do). I believe that a beautiful house is an inspiration, and for me, it is also a true creative outlet. But now I make sure we take trips as a family and as a couple, and we have made that a priority for the last 10 years or so. I will actually give up furniture, or flooring, or whatever, to travel (shocking, I know!)

So, with that in mind, this saying really struck a chord with me, so much so that it is now the wallpaper on my computer.....




Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sheila
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...