May 8, 2015

Friday Favorites - One Kings Lane

Originally I had another "favorite" planned for today, but then something happened when I was talking to my hairdresser today. I mentioned One Kings Lane and she said, "What is that?" Wow! I was shocked. I thought everyone had heard of One Kings Lane by now. Apparently I was wrong! So that is why I decided to write about one of my very favorite places to shop online. This website is a retail site that has "flash" sales, that is to say, sales that only last a certain amount of time, usually 72 hours. Each sale features everything from designer furniture, lighting, bedding, and decor to jewelry and gift items. Each day several new sales are announced and you can sign up for emails so that you get them each day or as often as you want to be alerted. Originally when I first joined (you need to set up an account; it's free), most of their sales were new items with a few vintage items here and there. However, now I would say it's at least as much vintage as new, maybe even more (which I love!) OKL is also a great source for inspiration. Their merchandising and photography is amazing. They make everything look great! And their curated "themed" sales are truly inspiring. Pin-worthy, I would say.

Here are some examples of their current themed sales:



VINTAGE CHINOISERIE




A FASHIONABLE BRITISH ABODE


THE SCULPTURE GARDEN


SATURDAYS AT THE FLEA - SHOP PARIS STYLE


Most sales are a mix of both vintage and new, but some are all vintage. You can even shop for vintage only by browsing the Vintage and Marketplace link. Sometimes the prices are higher than retail, but most of the time they are less. And if you are familiar with the prices of the items you are looking for, you can do really well. In addition to looking at the themed sales, you can enter anything you are looking for in the search box. Or, you can simply browse categories such as Bed and Bath, Furniture, Lighting, Kitchen and Tabletop, and Decorative Accents. I recently purchased my new antique coffee table there! The one drawback is there are no returns, so you do need to be sure of your purchase. But there are deals to be had, and even more important, there is an amazing amount to choose from. And as you can see above, the photographs are great inspiration. 

So what are you waiting for? Go get inspired!

Have a great weekend!

Sheila
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...