Thoughts of Charleston

This week my thoughts have been with the people of Charleston. The victims of the awful shootings of last Wednesday, their families, friends, and all the citizens of that wonderful city. I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through or how difficult it must be to try to come to terms with this random, senseless violence. All I can do is hope and pray that these deaths have some purpose. That they provide the motivation for change. When Martin Luther King Jr. performed the eulogy for the children killed in the bombing of the church in Alabama in 1963, he said something that I think still resonates today:



..." we must be concerned not merely about who murdered them, but about the system, the way of life, the philosophy which produced the murderers." 






My most heartfelt prayers are in that city today.


Sheila
xo