July 8, 2015

Dress It Up

Dressy shorts. A contradiction in terms, right? However, I have seen them more and more in the last few years, and I must say, I'm a convert. Previously I always thought of shorts as casual, and really only wore them with flip flops or Converse. However, dressy shorts worn out at night with heels can be such a cute look. I admit, I am not a skirt wearing person for the most part, so I guess they speak to me. They are short (like a skirt) but way, way more comfortable. And sexy! They look great with a blouse, a blazer or a loose tank top. Heels are the way to go if it's an evening out, but for a dressy lunch or day event, they are really cute with flats as well. I think they are a great option when you are not sure how dressy an event will be and you are torn between a dress and pants. Obviously, they are not appropriate for some events (a wedding is one that comes to mind) but for dinners out, or drinks with friends, or a summer party, I think they are a great choice. I'm even seeing them on the red carpet!

One of my all-time favorites (and it's on the red carpet!) Love the black on black






Olivia Palermo in black shorts with a white blouse at an event





Olivia (again!) is a big fan of the shorts trend and I actually see her utilize the look more than anyone



Charlize Theron in a cute short suit! I feel like this could go anywhere, from dinner and a movie, to a party.. whatever. 







These are longer Bermuda shorts, but it works. Love this!


Leather top and dressy shorts - love the heels


Adorable! I love the mix of the girly pink with edgier black heels - perfection

As for where to get them, I've seen great dressier shorts at J. Crew, Loft, Nordstrom, Banana Republic and especially at Zara. Zara does a dressier short a lot, often with a matching jacket. It's really all about the fabric. They can be short or long, but the fabric needs to be dressier than cotton, either a gabardine, rayon, wool, or a blend. Think dress pant, but shorter.



Sheila
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...