November 20, 2015

Thanksgiving Tablescape with Pinecones and Pumpkins

I wanted to do something different for Thanksgiving this year, so I've been playing around with tablescapes this week to see what I could come up with. I really loved the neutral one I did a few weeks ago (see post here), but I wanted to use my turkey plates, so I needed to do something with a little more color. The plates have browns, cream, rust, and greens so I concentrated on the browns and greens and went from there.



I purchased these turkey plates after looking for them on Ebay for months. They are by Johnson Brothers. I love the turkey and the brown transferware on the trim. They were my very first "themed" plate purchase when I first started getting into collecting different holiday plates.



For the centerpiece I wanted to concentrate on greens and browns, so I used one of the green pumpkins I already had and piled around white pumpkins and pine cones with some live greens for color. I love the way the greens tie in with the plates.




But my favorite thing is these little "I am thankful for...." cards. I bought these at Paper Source last year and I loved them so much, I had to get them again. We will all fill them out and read them out loud at dinner. It's just a really nice way of pausing and saying thanks for all that we have.




I fell in love with these cute pine cone napkin rings from Pottery Barn! (and luckily, they worked with my theme!)














Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



Silver chargers: Sur la Table
Dinner Plates: Horchow
Salad/Dessert plates: Johnson Brothers turkey plates (vintage, purchased on Ebay)
Napkin rings: Pottery Barn
Linen napkins: Sur la Table
Large tray, Gravy boat, water pitcher, creamer and sugar, and candlesticks: Vintage silver plate
"Thankful" cards: Paper Source


And this week I'm joining lots of other amazing tablescapes here at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Come see this and tons of other tables for great holiday inspiration!


Sheila
xo

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the silver tray and those Turkey plates. Johnson Brothers makes great holiday plates, which reminds me I could use a few more of their Christmas ones. I have been checking Homegoods but I need to look on Ebay. Your whole table looks so inviting and ready for Thanksgiving!
    Cheers! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shelley! I fell in love with these plates a few years ago when I first discovered "tablescaping" due to Delores of Vignette Design. I had never owned a "themed" plate before that and somehow, all her plates just spoke to me. So I bought these as a treat. However, I only bought 8 and I'm having 10 for dinner! Sigh... and now they are $60 or $70 a plate on Ebay - such a bummer. I thought I would just purchase two more but I guess my husband and I will have to just use something coordinating!

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! The centerpiece goes nicely with your plates.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...