December 18, 2015

Friday Favorites - Wreaths

There are so many things to love about Christmas - from the music, to the lights, to the tree, but I must say, one of my biggest loves, is wreaths. They are such a welcoming sight hanging on a door; there is nothing that sends quite the same message. I love that they are old-fashioned, yet modern at the same time. There are lots of wreaths to love, but the simpler the better for me. If they are adorned with a simple ribbon or a few natural elements, that is beautiful; I just don't like too much to distract from their simple beauty.



Wreaths look so amazing on black doors! Love the contrast!

I've never seen a double wreath before but I love the idea! So dramatic!

This is just exquisite.


This wreath is adorned with artichokes and a green plaid ribbon. Modern, yet still says "Christmas."





Of course, they look just as great when they are used inside 

Simply stunning! (from Dreamy White Lifestyle)

Traditional hanging over a fireplace.

This double wreath is so beautiful!





I love when they are hung on a mirror....











Or on furniture....









I especially love when wreaths are placed on each window facing the street so that when you drive by, they just say "Come on in and stay awhile!" Love that look!






Really, is there anything more inviting or delightful than the sight of this house?!




Only a week to go! Hope you are all enjoying your holiday season and all the joy that goes with it!
 Happy Friday!

Sheila
xo


I'm joining the link parties this week at:

Finding Silver Pennies
Shabby Fufu

6 comments:

  1. I too love wreaths....from the simple ones to the extravagant ones, I love them all!!!! Beautiful inspiration pics!!!! Have a great weekend......
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Des! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  2. I agree! I was so tempted to just hang the wreaths and forget the tree this year. I arrived here at the lake after many weeks of absense. I foraged greens threw them on the fireplace and added some to a couple of bowls and called it Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Cindy! Simple is beautiful, I think. And how nice that you are at the lake this year! That house is so pretty, and it's so chilly this year, combined with the beauty it must feel very Christmas-y!!

      Have a wonderful holiday!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  3. You're right, that last photo is Christmas perfection! Actually, all the wreath inspiration photos are beautiful! Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a beautiful holiday with your family Shelley! Thanks for all of your kindness and support:)

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...