December 6, 2015

Thoughtful Sunday - Making a Home








Albert Hadley - one of the world's most well-known and respected designers, and he said it so well. I know some people don't understand decorating; why I would spend time changing paint colors or searching for the perfect antique, but for me it is truly a labor of love. I don't often follow trends, but go more with what speaks to my soul. That's why most of what I buy is antique and I don't buy often; it's more about collecting and editing and making our house our home. I want a house that speaks to me, that feeds my soul. And I hope, feeds the hearts and souls of those I love and share it with.

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!

Sheila
xo




SharethisPost

1 comment :

  1. I agree with every word spoken here. I am growing a little weary of all the throw away decor and furniture.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...