March 25, 2016

Friday Favorites - Mora Clocks

Gustavian Mora clocks are long face clocks that originated in the town of Mora in Sweden. I first started seeing them a few years ago, and as I became more enamored with Swedish style, I have become more and more obsessed. They are tall, and graceful; usually painted in soft shades of creams, greys, greyish-whites, or pale, pale blues. They are so gorgeous! I have been wanting one for awhile now, but they are prohibitively expensive. However, they do have reproductions; if I can't find an antique one for a sane price, I might have to break down and buy a copy. They are stunning!



They are an amazing focal point! Loi Thai of Tone on Tone


One of my favorite breakfast rooms ever - Designer Jane Moore

By Loi Thai


Most are creams or pale greys; but there are some faded blue or green versions. By Shannon Bowers.


Just love! Tone on Tone again


A lovely blue version


Here Miss Mustard Seed uses a reproduction - but look how good it looks! If I could get a reproduction this good, I would definitely consider it!

Gorgeous!  Tone on Tone

Brooke Giannetti

By Laura Rubenstein

I have the absolute perfect place in my living room - crossing my fingers that I can find one! 
Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Friday!


Sheila 
xo


Sharing this week at:

5 comments:

  1. Ok, love love love this post (um, obviously! It seems we have nearly the same taste!!) I wrote a post about the clock I ended up purchasing - http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com/2015/03/antique-black-chinoiserie-mora-clock.html

    If you look at my first post on Mora clocks I have at the bottom a bunch of people that sell them http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com/2015/03/antique-swedish-mora-clocks.html I think the Lone Ranger Antiques had the largest selection and if I remember correctly he does ship.

    I hope you find one!! I would also say, if you can, save up for the real deal and not a reproduction. You just have to be on the lookout all the time for a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the same taste (great minds think alike:))

      I'm going to try to find an original if I can find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

      Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely Easter!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
    2. Mine was a wee bit expensive but the black color actuslly made it significantly cheaper than any others I saw anywhere. But ya know, the repro ones do actuslly WORK, mine does not tell time. I featured this post on my blog from Thursday Favorite Things.

      Delete
  2. i adore Mora clocks. I have had my eye on them for years! There is a wonderful Swedish antique store in Atlanta that has a big selection, and on a recent visit, I found a few that I would love to have! I don't really have a spot for one, although there is one area that I haven't quite decided how I would like to finish off and aa clock is a possibility.

    I added you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it! And especially for adding me to your blog roll! I am truly touched and thankful for your generosity, Holly! Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend...

      Sheila

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...