May 6, 2016

Friday Favorites - Lemon Love

I am someone who, until a couple of years ago, literally never wore yellow. I didn't own a single piece of yellow clothing and I'm not sure why. I guess I thought I didn't look very good in it, and to tell you the truth, I'm still not sure I do, but I don't care! Yellow is absolutely one of my favorite colors for Spring. In fact, I would say that with the exception of perhaps pink, it is the color that seems most "Springy" to me. Yellow connotes sunshine and lemonade and other summery things, and it looks great with so many other colors! It works with denim, black, white, blues, and even pink. And a little goes a long way...


Yellow jeans are the essence of Spring! Love them here with the denim shirt.



A yellow jacket with jeans - perfection!







And is there anything cuter than a yellow blazer?! I don't think so, which is probably why I own three!








The whole mix here is just perfect.

Love a cute yellow coat, too!







I would say if you think you can't wear yellow but you like the punch it brings, try a bright yellow shoe or handbag. Mixed with a contrasting color or a jean, they really make a statement!






LOVE that she did a yellow shoe with this pink dress!





Even this grey suit ensemble gets a great little punch of color from the cute yellow clutch.


Yellow flats, denim, and black - love!







Happy Friday!


Sheila
xo


Sharing at Peonies and Orange Blossoms this week!

2 comments:

  1. Yellow is one of my favorite accent colors and also one that seems to scare a lot of people. I loved your post! I have chosen this as one of my featured faves from last week’s Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. I will be featuring you on my blog this Thursday.

    Shellie
    http://www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you agree Shellie! I don't know why I stayed away for so long - look at all the cute outfits I missed out on:)

      And thanks so much for the feature, I really appreciate it!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...