May 5, 2016

Spring Floral Tablescape

As I've shared with you all before, I love to entertain and one of my favorite things about entertaining (besides the people!) is getting a chance to do a new tablescape. Not only does a pretty table add so much to the meal we are sharing, it's also a great way for me to get my creative juices flowing. With that in mind, I wanted to create a tablescape for Spring; one that would work as easily for Mother's Day brunch as it would for a Spring dinner party. What I will say about doing Spring tables, is I was very bound by what was available in the floral department! I so wanted to do something featuring lilacs, and then work in some purple and green, but after looking all over town to no avail, I finally realized it just wasn't going to happen. So I went with Plan B. I have some adorable green floral plates and I decided to do a mostly green and white table with those as the focus. They set the tone, and I went from there.
































It's funny, because I think of these plates as pale green, but really they are a yellowish-green. The kind of color that no matter what you put it with, that's what it looks like. So originally I planned on only using white hydrangeas with some green filler, however, because they have that hint of yellow, I ended up adding in some little yellow flowers and also using a yellow napkin ring. The table is very simple - but that's what I wanted. I didn't want it to overpower the beauty of the Spring flowers!


Salad/dessert plates - Home Goods
Dinner plates - Horchow
White chargers - vintage (purchased on Ebay)
Silverware - Bloomingdale's
White napkins - World Market 
Silver candlesticks and white ironstone centerpiece bowl - vintage
Napkin rings - ancient Macy's purchase 


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Spring!


Sheila
xo



Sharing at these fabulous blogs this week:



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table you have set. Your flowers are gorgeous and just the perfect touch. Your plate stack looks so lovely. I enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Valerie! I so appreciate your kind words - thanks so much for stopping by the blog!

      Best,
      Sheila

      Delete
  2. So beautiful!
    Happy Mother's Day....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deserae! Hope your Mother's Day is wonderful as well!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  3. Simply Lovely,
    Blessings for a Delightful Mother's Day,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nellie! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day too!

      Sheila

      Delete
  4. Thanks Angelina! Happy Mother's Day to you as well sweetie!

    Sheila
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...