May 8, 2016

Thoughtful Sunday - Motherhood






With children,





I don't remember when I first heard this saying, but I know my kids were young. It was probably at a time when I was overwhelmed and under rested and all three were under the age of 6. And for some reason, it really hit home. Instinctively, I knew then that one day I would wish they were still in diapers, wish they were still grabbing my leg and looking up at me, wish they would still hold tightly to my neck when I carried them, wish they would still run into my arms as I came in the door. Because the years are short. These special people are only under our wings for such a short time. I'm trying to hold on while they are still here and treasure the time I am in and the stages I am experiencing now, knowing that time is precious and fleeting.

Wishing a very Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. May your day be a celebration of all you are and all you have done and continue to do.


Sheila
xo

6 comments:

  1. Boy! These are wise words! My "baby" is now 46; other two daughters 50 and 52! Our grandchildren are now......scary.......two in college....4 juniors in high school......and one going into 9th grade. Two heartbeats ago......they were little kids...None can now stand up in their playhouse!

    Live and love every single moment of every single day!

    Thank you for this lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Penelope, I know what you are talking about, and I only have one in college and two still here (Thank goodness!) But I know how life works, and in the blink of an eye, they will all be gone. I do try to treasure it while it's here:)

      Hope you had a lovely day celebrating with your children and all those grandchildren!

      Sheila

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, Sheila! I know what you mean about how fast time goes. I remember that quote from when my kids were little. It is SO true! We just have to cherish every moment we have with them.
    Enjoy your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your day was wonderful Shelley!!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  3. Doesn't it seem like life goes by so quickly once high school comes? I remember all those lazy, long days when my boys were little guys. Now they're big, hunky guys, 21 and 23 years old--- and when I look back at those photos when they had chubby, smooth cheeks and little fingers and I melt. Each stage has it's beauty but for me, life felt so gloriously in my control (an illusion I know) before they could drive hahaha....thank goodness for my great hair stylist who takes care of all those wispy gray hairs that mothering boys has given me.
    hope you had a great day.
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,

    Just reading your words had me welling up. When we watch home movies, I usually end up crying. I love my kids now and am so enjoying them as teens, but there is something about them being small that just makes me melt. You said it so well!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...