June 10, 2016

Friday Favorites - All Eyes on Eyelet


Eyelet. A summer staple. It comes back every summer, though there were some years in the recent past that it didn't really resurrect. However, in the last few it's come back with a bang. I love it. It's quintessentially summer-y, cool (both literally and figuratively), and it's more structured than lace which, at least for me, gives it a much needed bit of edge. And what I really love are what I see as the "new" eyelets - the ones that are square or geometric. Definitely edgier. Definitely cooler. So I love both. The classic white (or sometimes blue) eyelet shorts or skirts but also this new geometric eyelet which I have seen usually manifested in dresses. You can't go wrong!



Classic eyelet in a cute summer top. Hello Fashion Blog


Love, love, love eyelet shorts! Probably my favorite way to wear it!


Love this dress! Atlantic-Pacific




Combining two trends! Off-the-shoulder tops and eyelet! The Style Bungalow


Such a cute summer dress. Perfect for almost anything.



Eyelet blouse. I have one almost exactly like this and I wear it quite often. The Chriselle Factor


LOVE this mix! So unexpected; the structured eyelet with this super flowy skirt. Happily Grey


Damsel in Dior


A Pair and a Spare DIY


Quintessential summer!


Adore this romper! With Love from Kat


Adorable top!! Just love this! Damsel in Dior





Cupcakes and Cashmere


Ivory Lane



This dress is gorgeous! This is the first example of the "geometric" eyelet dresses that came out last year and still seem to be going strong. Just love this!


Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific rocking the geometric trend in white. So versatile! You could wear this so many places!


And here Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior wears an iteration in black. So chic!




Have a great weekend!

Sheila
xo


Sharing at these fabulous blogs this week!

Savvy Southern Style
Peeking Thru the Sunflowers
Peonies and Orange Blossoms
ShabbyFufu
SharethisPost

5 comments :

  1. I think I need those shorts -- LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the CUTEST?! I feel the same Claudia!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  2. Eyelet is looking so chic these days. Still a classic, but with a twist. And perfect for this 90 degree DC day. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loi! Isn't it? Very "East Coast Preppy" (which I love!) Thanks for always stopping by and being so supportive, I so appreciate it!

      Hope you had a great weekend!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love eyelet!! I adore that first top but couldn't link to it. Happy 4th !!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...