June 23, 2016

Friday Favorites - Kitchen Banquettes




I have to say I don't know that many people that have a built-in banquette in their kitchen, but the one friend who does have it, loves it. And can I say how adorable it is?! They are utterly charming, and along with things like dutch doors, are thought of as somewhat old-fashioned. But I'm all for bringing them back. They are practical, a great use of space, look and feel cozy, and work wonderfully with kids and families. The funny part is, I have the same model home as the friend that has one, and when we were in the process of remodeling our house when we first purchased it, we briefly considered adding one, but it would have involved turning some windows into doors and vice versa (read: more money) so the idea was abandoned. So now when I see them in magazines or on Pinterest, I have a moment of wishing we would've done it! Maybe in the next house.......



I am in love with all the blue and green in this eat-in kitchen! Via Country Living.


Love these lanterns! Via Better Homes and Gardens.


Via New England Home.





So cozy! Via BHG.


Absolutely adore this! That table.. what great patina!


Really beautiful. Via Atlanta Homes.



Design by Dungan Nequette.






Not only do I love the banquette, I love that roman shade too! Via At Home in Arkansas.


One of my favorites. I have the original tear out and I still refer to it to this day. This was one of the first (if not the first) time I saw an oversized antique lantern used over a table. Design by Mary Jo Donohoe.



Really, just darling!


However, for those of us (like me) who would love to have one, but either can't or won't do a built-in, the solution is to use a settee on one side of the table. This is a trend that I have seen increasing recently. It's the perfect compromise because it gives you the same look as the built-in banquette, without all the pesky building! This is one I may just do!!



Love those plates on the wall too! Jenny Wolf Interiors.



Absolutely LOVE this!!


Via Ballard Designs.



This custom made settee is darling! Love that scalloped edge! Westbrook Interiors.



Kerrisdale Design.


An all-time favorite (yes, I know I've shown this one before!) Lisa Luby Ryan.




Wishing you all a lovely weekend!


Sheila
xo


Linking up this week at:

Stonegable Blog
Savvy Southern Style
French Country Cottage
Peeking Thru the Sunflowers
Peonies and Orange Blossoms
Ms. Craftberry Bush
Shabby Fufu

6 comments:

  1. Those are all darling places, I picked out my two favorites
    I like the little settees included

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad you liked it! Glad you stopped by...

    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these banquets and the details attached. There are several that I'd take in a heartbeat! Great post, Sheila.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen!! And I agree - I could move right into several of these:))

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  4. Great collection, Sheila! I don't think I could pick just one. I have several favorites. -- There's nothing quite like a cozy banquette in the kitchen.

    xoxo
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by Claudia! Hope you are doing well:)

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...