July 14, 2016

Friday Favorites - Tangerine Dreams

So, I'm not sure when I "warmed" to orange, but it might've been back when Jennifer Garner wore that gorgeous vintage orange dress to the Oscars one year. I mean, orange and formal are not two words you hear strung together very often!


Seriously, has orange ever looked this good?!

In the past, when I would see a lot of orange come summertime I would kind of just go right past it. And though I don't like a ton of orange (I don't love it next to my face), I think a touch of it looks so fresh in the summer! And listen, if you do look good in it, I say go for it. It is a quintessentially summery color and now is the time to wear it!



I love this and it looks so great on her (and I love that she mixed it with olive shoes!)


For me, I'm all about adding a touch of it in the summer. A little can go a long way, and still have the same overall effect.



It looks amazing combined with pale pink!







And an orange bag is adorable! I love the pop it adds to any outfit you put it with!














Orange is a natural mixed with blues and chambrays.





Like a red shoe, an orange shoe is a natural outfit "booster"!!




Just adore an orange flat!!

Perfect casual summer outfit!


Now when I'm looking at a shoe or a sweater or something and one of the choices is orange, I find myself gravitating to that one!


Happy Summer Friday!


Sheila
xo


Sharing this week at:

French Country Cottage
Craftberry Bush
Savvy Southern Style
Stone Gable Blog
Peonies and Orange Blossoms
Peeking Thru the Sunflowers
Shabby Fufu

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of the color orange in my home but kind of like it in fashion. Love those shoes in the last pic....so cute!
    Have a great weekend!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it in a shoe for summer! Just a touch - I couldn't wear the orange dresses, but I do think they look great on some people!

      Happy Weekend!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful and unique fashion roundup for the color orange! Love the chic outfits and ideas that you selected! I actually don't own a single piece of orange clothing, but you've inspired me to perhaps consider an orange bag or some cute shoes, if I happen upon some. Thanks! --Ginger
    http://gingerwroot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ginger! I truly felt the same. Until a couple of years ago I didn't own any. Now I own it more in accessories than actual clothing, but I love the pop in Summer!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Sheila

      Delete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...