July 29, 2016

Friday Favorites - Vintage Baskets

I love decorating with baskets. There is something so wonderful about the texture they add to a room. Plus, how useful are they?! Not only do they add great style, but they add function as well. And though I have many different baskets in my home, I have to say, that antique or vintage baskets definitely have my heart. First of all, they are usually adorable and often have details that you never find on a basket today. And they have a ton of character and age that you simply can't reproduce. I've settled for the new ones, and even repros, but the authentic vintage ones are the ones that make my heart skip a beat. Especially anything with a buckle, strap, or lid.....


I love the mix of the gilt mirror juxtaposed with the antique lidded basket - perfection! By design firm Atelier AM.

Baskets under a table are a classic. Via Country French magazine.

Absolutely adore the ones with writing! Designer India Hicks.


Love this pair of large baskets with their cute buckles and straps. Via Dear Lillie blog.




Brooke Giannetti via Veranda.


Wonderful lidded (and written on!) antique baskets. By Kim of Savvy Southern Style blog.


Here designer Joni Webb uses antique lidded baskets in her kitchen. LOVE this! Via Cote de Texas blog.


Via Country French magazine.




Love this antique basket hung on the wall as art.


If I found a basket like this, I think I would have a heart attack!


By Heather Bullard.


Absolutely love this large basket used as a planter!


Via Pottery Barn.


Shelf styling with vintage baskets, antique pewter, ironstone and mercury glass. Wonderful mix!


Via Debra Hall Lifestyle.


Vintage rattan wine bottle and another basket under the table. By Heather Bullard. 


By Designer Nancy Braithwaite.


I have one vintage lidded trunk style basket and I'm desperately looking for another for the bottom shelf of my console table. I did order a repro from Pottery Barn (below), and I will say, it's a pretty good one, but I ended up returning it. It just wasn't quite the right color when I received it, and the truth is, I'd really rather find a vintage one.






 So the hunt continues.....


Happy Friday!


Sheila
xo

9 comments:

  1. I too just adore wicker baskets and love the texture they add to a room. They are hard to find where I live but luckily I have found a few over the years.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard to find here too Des, especially if I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I have better luck at the flea markets though, the antique stores they are just too expensive. I'm on the hunt!

      Sheila
      xo

      Delete
  2. Yes, I will have one of each please, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over these! My husband thinks I have a problem as I have never seen a basket I don't like. He just might be right! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a woman after my own heart Holly! They are so great, aren't they?!

      Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!

      Sheila

      Delete
  4. I swear, you can never have enough baskets! Great collection of photos - each one is prettier than the last!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you selection of images. Every single one inspiring and lovely!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...