September 30, 2016

Friday Favorites - Art in the Kitchen

If you've been reading my blog for awhile now, you know how much I love real art of some kind in a house. I even wrote about it in my post about Collected Look Essentials. However, one of the things I most love - a favorite - is art in the kitchen. When real art, whether it be oils or watercolors, are displayed in a kitchen, it sets my heart aflutter. I'm not sure why... maybe it's the contrast of all the cool, crisp white with old crumbly paintings in chippy gilded frames, but it is something I immediately gravitate to!



LOVE this! Via Better Homes and Gardens.


One of my all time favorite vignettes. I think I've pinned this a dozen times! Via Country Living.

Adore the gold framed art and the gold/brass hardware against all the white. Via Southern Living.


Via Melanie Davis Design.

Okay, not a white kitchen, I know, but I do love this. I clipped this kitchen out of Country Living probably a decade ago and it still looks good! Design by Susan Burns.

Via Tone on Tone blog, design by Loi Thai.



In this one, I love how one quiet piece of art in a gold frame just leans casually on the counter.

From Leah Olson's Instagram account.

Another all-time favorite vignette! Via House Beautiful.

Another photo from Leah Olson's kitchen. Love the art in this room!

Via A Country Farmhouse blog.

Art on the kitchen mantel - love! Via Melanie Davis Design.

A snapshot of my kitchen last fall with my little oil painting over my kitchen mantel (sorry for the poor quality! This was a quick iPhone shot). Getting ready to do this again! I love the earthier, warmer colors in the painting which seem very "fallish" to me.





Enjoy the weekend!

Sheila
xo

Sharing at the following blogs this week:

Savvy Southern Style
Cedar Hill Farmhouse

SharethisPost

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful inspiration.....I absolutely LOVE your kitchen!!!! I wish my own were bigger.....
    Have a great weekend!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thanks so much Des! You and me both my friend!!

    Happy Weekend to you too!

    Sheila
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below! You can also find me on Instagram and chat with me on Facebook. As always, thank you for stopping by - I so appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...