Top Ten Posts of 2016

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that 2016 is already over. And yes, I know we all say that every year, but as I've gotten older I have found that the years have started to practically fly by! 

One of the things I think we all like to do at the end of the year is to take stock in what has been accomplished, so I thought it would be fun to share with you my Top Ten Blog Posts of 2016. I always enjoy looking at what you've liked and commented on most! It's also interesting for me to see if my most "popular" posts are more decor or fashion oriented, since I do talk about both. This year, it was definitely more home design/decor oriented, but there were still two fashion posts that made the list. 

So, without further ado, here they are.....


Top Ten Posts of 2016



10. Seven Gorgeous Holiday Tablescapes

This was a fun post for me since I partnered with a group of some of my favorite blogger friends to present different ways of decorating a holiday table. For mine, I focused on neutral Christmas colors and more of a natural look, and I loved the way it turned out. You can see the full post, with all my sources, here.








9. Friday Favorites - White Kitchens

The next most popular was one of my Friday Favorites posts and this one talked about one of my all time favorite things - white kitchens! Apparently you all love them as much as I do! This post has so many amazing examples - lots of eye candy and pin-worthy images!








8. Spring has Sprung Home Tour

Home tours consistently tend to be amongst my most popular, and this year was no exception. This was actually my first ever Spring tour, and I loved being a part of it. Again, I teamed up with some amazing bloggers and there was a ton of inspiration!









7. Collected Look Essentials #5- Style Mix


I was so happy to see that one of my posts from the Collected Look Series was included in the Top Ten Posts! This was a series that I did on how to get a "collected look" in your home decor, and it is also one of which I am probably the most proud. It's something that I truly believe in and that I strive to achieve in both my own home and those of my clients. If you click on the #5 post, you can also get to the previous four posts in the series.








6. Friday Favorites - The LWD

And the first fashion post debuts at the 6th most popular of the year! This post was during last summer so of course, it's very seasonal, but also timeless. A clean, crisp white dress is a classic and always in style!








5. Home for the Holidays Blog Tour - Maison Style


The second home tour to make the Top Ten Posts list was actually my second Christmas tour this year. Here I partnered with 15 of my favorite blogger friends, each of whom had a different take on decorating for the season. In this tour, I featured my entry way, dining room, and living room.









4. Friday Favorites - Think Pink

The second Friday Favorites post to make the cut was this one featuring the pink color trend, in both fashion and decor. This was actually the first time I touched on both fashion and interiors in the same post, and it still consistently gets comments and views! 







3. Autumn's in the Air - Fall Home Tour

Yes, another home tour! This time I partnered with 11 different bloggers, most of whom were not a part of my other holiday tours so it was fun to meet and get to know them! My decor was again very neutral; I used natural elements, mostly white pumpkins, and flowers to convey the feeling of fall I was looking for.








2. A Farmhouse Christmas Home Tour

The last home tour to make the list in the 2nd most popular spot was actually my 2nd Christmas tour of 2016. This was fun because all 9 of the bloggers involved had a definite farmhouse style, but it was fun to see how each interpreted it in their own way. In this tour, I shared with you the kitchen and family room all decked out for the season.








1. Family Room Built-In Rearrange

I must confess that even I was surprised to find that this made the number one spot for 2016! I would have expected one of the home tours to be here, or maybe even a Friday Favorites, but the fact that this was the most popular shocked even me! This post was from last March and it was about re-styling my family room built-ins and how I was inspired to re-arrange them. 








 I'd also like to say thank you to all of you for hanging in there with me. As a fairly new blogger, it has sometimes been difficult to consistently keep posting and to get a footing in a new field, especially one this saturated. However, I have had so many amazing things happen this past year, and I have you to thank for it. Without readers, there would be no blog. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for subscribing, commenting, and supporting me, it means more than I can say. And I hope you'll choose to stay with me for as far as this journey takes me!


Sheila
xo



Sharing at the following amazing blogs this week!

Savvy Southern Style
Stonegable Blog
Peonies and Orange Blossoms
French Country Cottage
Craftberry Bush
21 Rosemary Lane

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,